Rough Sets, Blocking, and an Animatic
• Creating rough sets.
• Building your template scene file.
• Matching camera angles and character blocking to the storyboards.
• Considering additional detail: reusing cameras, moving cameras, moving characters.
• Creating an animatic.
Coming into this chapter, you need the following:
• Character models—these do not have to be rigged or completed
• Completed storyboards (Chapter 4)
• The ability to create models in Blender
• A knowledge of linking assets (Chapter 6)
At this point, you have character models, a story reel, and not much else. It is time to start bringing the pieces together. Your characters ...