Libraries and Linking
• Understanding libraries, and why you should bother.
• Linking assets that do not animate.
• Linking assets for object-level animation.
• Linking assets for character animation.
• Managing your links and libraries.
Imagine for a moment that you are working on a large-scale animation project that includes many scene files, each representing a different camera view and portion of the overall timeline. Of course, because this will eventually be edited into one continuous animation, the different scene files all need to contain the same models of the characters and sets, the same materials, and the same lighting. The most obvious ...