The final step in the process of film and video production is “post.” Postproduction will include all aspects of the post process as listed in Table 9-1. This step can literally shape your piece in any number of directions. Even with the narrative story you’ve shot, you’ll have options from sound to colors that can change the entire tone and feel of your project.
• Tape logging and organization
• Capturing or digitizing footage
• Creating an assemble edit
• Editing rough cuts
• Adding a sound track
• Adding sound effects
• Locking picture
• Adding special effects and CG
• Locking the audio (sound design, VO, music, etc.)
• Color timing
• Outputting ...