4 LIGHTENING YOUR WORKLOADWITH INCLUDES
What this chapter covers:
- Using PHP includes for common page elements
- Protecting sensitive information in include files
- Automating a "you are here" menu link
- Generating a page's title from its filename
- Automatically updating a copyright notice
- Displaying random images complete with captions
- Using the error control operator
- Using absolute pathnames with PHP includes
One of the great payoffs of using PHP is that it can save you a lot of repetitive work. Figure 4-1 shows how four elements of a static web page benefit from a little PHP magic.
Figure 4-1. Identifying elements of a static web page that ...