Spotlight on Learning from Failure: Creating Better Data Pipelines with Natalino Busa
Setting realistic expectations to deliver more value
Join us for this edition of Spotlight on Learning from Failure: Creating Better Data Pipelines to bust the myths, deconstruct the false assumptions, and learn how to avoid common pitfalls in order to build and deliver successful data pipelines that deliver real value to your organization.
When considering the complexities of implementing a next-generation data pipeline, the risk of over-promising and under-delivering is incredibly high due to the overwhelming expectations placed on predictive analytics today. It’s critical to look at a number of factors—like your company’s culture and the historic promise gap between ETL (extract, transform, load) in the 1970s and AI (artificial intelligence) in the 2010s—to overcome the challenges and succeed.
O’Reilly’s Spotlight Series explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour, live interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas, while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions for the future.
In every edition of Spotlight on Learning from Failure, you’ll learn about, discuss, and debate the lessons learned from failures both large and small. Best of all, you’ll discover how successful companies have addressed setbacks, missteps, and challenges, and how you can grow from their examples.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- The benefits of a successful data pipeline
- Some practical steps you can take to avoid common stumbling blocks as you build data pipelines
This training course is for you because...
- You are interested in the challenges involved in implementing modern data pipelines
- You want to learn from other's failed attempts
- Come with your questions for Natalino Busa
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Building Distributed Pipelines for Data Science Using Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra (live online training course with Andy Petrella)
- Building Better Distributed Data Pipelines (video, 53 minutes)
- Building Real-Time Data Pipelines (report)
About your instructor
Natalino Busa (@natbusa) is a passionate scientist and engineer on a daily diet of data science, analytics, math and algorithm. In his roles as Architect, CDO and CTO he has coached and bootstrapped many R&D teams and delivered AI- and Data- driven applications for banking, retail, and infotainment domains. He has worked in the past as lead engineer and scientist for Philips, and ING Bank in the Netherlands and DBS bank in Singapore. Currently Chief Data Scientist at Teko in Vietnam.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 9:00am PT / 12:00pm ET
- Introduction/Presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)