Red Hat RHCSA Exam Tips and Test-Taking Strategies
Make sure you'll pass the exam
The Red Hat RHCSA exam is one of the leading Linux certifications. Participants will work in a live environment to show they know how to work with Red Hat Linux at an administrator level. In this course you'll learn more about the exam. You'll hear how the exam is organized and about essential topics on the exam. We'll walk through a series of assignments that are similar to the assignments you'll see on the exam, to make sure that you're prepared in the best possible way.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Understand what you're expected to do at the RHCSA exam
- Now how to deal with common RHCSA questions
- Work through tasks like setting up authentication, configuring partitions and working with repositories
- Know how to troubleshoot in case things do go wrong
This training course is for you because...
- You are in devops or are a system administrator that wants to get certified on Linux
- Intermediate Linux skills
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) with Virtual Machines, Second Edition (video)
- Install a virtual machine using CentOS 7.3 where not all of the available disk space is allocated
About your instructor
Sander van Vugt started working with Linux in 1992. He wrote his first book about Linux in 1999, and up to date has completed 62 different books on Linux related topics, including the best selling RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide. Sander is the author of over 20 Linux related video courses. He also works as a Linux instructor, teaching on-site and on-line classes for customers around the world.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: What to expect on the exam?
Length: approx. 20 minutes
- Instructor will explain how the exam environment is organized and what participants should expect on the exam.
Segment 2: Exploring the 4 most common reasons why people fail the exam
Lengt: approx. 20 minutes
- Many people don't fail the exam because they don't know enough. People fail the exam because of other reasons. In the years the intstructor was an examiner, he has analyzed why people are failing. In this segment this knowledge will be shared, so that you can easily avoid these common reasons for failure
Segment 3 : Sample Exam Questions Overview
Length: 20 min
- In this segment the instructor will present the questions in the sample exam.
- Following this segment, participant will work on these questions in their own environment for 30 minutes.
30 minutes break / time to work on the labs
Segment 4: Sample Exam Walkthrough
Length: 75 minutes
- In this segement the instructor will show solutions to the class
Segment 5: Q&A
Lengt 15 minutes
- In this segment there will be room for Q&A