Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Crash Course, Part 1
Get Ready to Crush the Red Hat RHCSA exam
Get the information you need to pass the RHCSA exam! The Red Hat RHCSA exam is the most demanding and popular Linux certification. It qualifies Linux administrators, users and developers the skills required to work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux in a corporate environment. In this training - which is part 1 of 2 - participants will learn about the basic skills that are required to pass the RHCSA exam. Together with part 2 of this training, students will have acquired all the necessary skills to become RHCSA certified and to launch our career as a Red Hat professional.
Part I (days 1 & 2): November 2-3
Part II(days 3 & 4): November 9-10
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Install a Red Hat Linux Server
- Work from the Linux Command Line
- Work with Linux files and directories
- Manage Users and Permissions
- Manage software packages
- Configure Networking
- Create partitions and manage file systems
This training course is for you because...
- You want to earn your Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification.
- You would like to learn the basic skills that are required for working with Linux
- You would like to become familiar with the RHCSA certification topics and structure
- Since this is an introduction-level course, no specific skills are required
Materials, downloads, or Supplemental Content needed in advance:
To work through the labs in this course, participants need to install and configure their own lab environment. This can be a Linux virtual machine that runs in virtualization software on the participants own computer, using software like VMware Workstation or Oracle VirtualBox, or on a dedicated computer.
In addition to the contents covered in this live course, participants are encouraged to study Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) with Virtual Machines, Second Edition which is available on Safari (video)
If an attendee has absolutely no experience with Linux the following course will be helpful (video) 'Beginning Linux System Administration'
About your instructor
Sander van Vugt started working with Linux in 1992. He wrote his first book about Linux in 1999, and up to date has completed 62 different books on Linux related topics, including the best selling RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide. Sander is the author of over 20 Linux related video courses. He also works as a Linux instructor, teaching on-site and on-line classes for customers around the world.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: Installing Red Hat Enterrprise Linux and Linux essentials (2 hrs)
- Instructor will show how to install Linux and perform basic tasks from the Linux command line
- Attendees will participate in hands-on exercises.
Segment 2: Managing Users, Groups and Permissions (2 hrs)
- Instructor will explain working with users and groups, and explain how to manage permissions in a Linux environment
- At the end of this segment, students will work their way through an advanced lab assignment.
Segment 3: Managing Software and Networking (2 hrs)
- Instructor will demonstrate how to manage software using RPM and yum
- Instructor will explain how networking is organized in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Students will apply this knowledge by working through different lab exercises
Segment 4: Managing Partitions and File Systems (2 hrs)
- Instructor will demonstrate how to work with partitions and file systems in different use cases
- Attendees will apply this knowledge by working through different lab exercises.