Kubernetes in 3 Hours
Get started with Kubernetes in 3 hours
Many applications are delivered through containers. Containers themselves provide no scalability or redundancy, which is done by container orchestrator platforms such as Kubernetes. In this 3-hour course you'll learn the basics about Kubernetes. After attending this lesson, you'll be able to set up a Kubernetes cluster yourself. You'll also learn how to work with the Kubernetes API.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Understanding Kubernetes use and origins
- Understanding Kubernetes architecture
- Kubernetes installation and configuration
- Managing Replication Controllers and Deployments
- Working with the API
This training course is for you because...
- This Training provides candidate with the basic skills that are required for working with Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge or experience with Linux is recommended
Materials, downloads, or Supplemental Content needed in advance
To work through the labs in this course, the course participant needs to install and configure his own lab environment. This can be a Linux virtual machine that runs on virtualization software on the participants own computer, using software like VMware Workstation or Oracle VirtualBox, or on a dedicated computer.
Instructions on how to set up a lab environment can be found in Safari at:
About your instructor
Sander van Vugt started working with Linux in 1992. He wrote his first book about Linux in 1999, and up to date has completed 62 different books on Linux related topics, including the best selling RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide. Sander is the author of over 20 Linux related video courses. He also works as a Linux instructor, teaching on-site and on-line classes for customers around the world.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: Understanding Kubernetes use and origins (40 minutes)
- Students will learn why Kubernetes is an important part of modern-day IT
infrastructures and how to use it.
Segment 2: Understanding Kubernetes Architecture (20 minutes)
- Students will learn about the different components that are seen in Kubernetes
Break: 10 minutes
Segment 3: Kubernetes installation and configuration (60 minutes)
- Students will learn how to set up a Kubernetes installation and work with its
Break: 10 minutes
Segment 4: Managing Replication Controllers and Deployments (40 minutes)
- Students will learn how to provide for scalability, using Replication Controllers and
Segment 5: Using the API (20 minutes)
- Students will learn how to work with Kubernetes API