Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
It is important to understand how to properly evaluate and adopt cloud infrastructure because if done poorly, it can wreak havoc on the operations and security of sensitive resources. There is little compelling reason to own and operate on-premise data centers anymore, but migration to the cloud should be measured and deliberate, based on a solid understanding of the effort involved, and a clear vision for the outcome.
This live training will supply a baseline understanding of the Google Cloud Platform. The various services that make up the GCP ecosystem will be enumerated and explained, along with their relationships to each other. The training will cover benefits of a cloud-based infrastructure and starting points for how these benefits can be achieved in GCP.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- The basics of GCP, enough to perform an initial evaluation for viability and adoption.
- How to interact with GCP, and how that interaction can be applied for exploration of the ecosystem or automation of tasks.
- How to focus your learning, whether you are a developer, systems architect, security auditor, or network engineer.
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a technology professional who is evaluating a migration to the cloud.
- You’re familiar with other cloud hosting providers and wondering how GCP compares.
- You’re a beginner to the Cloud and want to learn how it is different from an on-premise technology infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of hosted applications and IT infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of virtualization technology
CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-001 (video)
About your instructor
Chad Smith has worked in IT for 25 years, starting out as a Linux administrator, progressing through operations, network and security in various roles. He is now the Principal Cloud Architect at Brightkey.cloud. Chad is a certified trainer for both Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services, and brings a wealth of personal experience in cloud adoption and infrastructure design.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
- Setting the Record Straight (Introduction to Cloud Computing) – 15 minutes
- Where do I start? – 15 minutes
- Security and Monitoring – 30 minutes
Break - 10 minutes
- Foundation (Compute, Network, Storage, Database) – 45 minutes
- Application Development and Deployment – 15 minutes
Break - 10 minutes
- Operations and Automation – 45 minutes
- Next steps – 15 minutes
- Q&A and wrap-up – 20 minutes