Getting Started with OpenStack
Cloud has rapidly become the default way of delivering access to applications. OpenStack is amongst the leading cloud platforms, which can be used to build private clouds as well as public clouds. In this course, you'll learn how to set up an OpenStack cloud and start deploying virtual machines in the cloud within 3 hours.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Understanding OpenStack use and origins
- Understanding OpenStack architecture
- OpenStack Installation and Configuration
- Deploying Instances in the OpenStack cloud
- Working with Storage in OpenStack cloud
This training course is for you because...
- This Training provides candidate with the basic skills that are required for working with OpenStack
- Basic knowledge or experience with Linux is recommended
Materials, downloads, or Supplemental Content needed in advance
To work through the labs in this course, the course participant needs to install and configure his own lab environment. This can be a Linux virtual machine that runs on virtualization software on the participants own computer, using software like VMware Workstation or Oracle VirtualBox, or on a dedicated computer.
Instructions on how to set up a lab environment can be found in Safari at https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/red-hat-certified/9780134723990/RHCA_00_Intro_III-01.html
If an attendee has no experience with Linux, it helps to view "Beginning Linux System Administration”: https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/beginning-linux-system/9780134589329/
Additional OpenStack training can be found through viewing the OpenStack Complete Video Course, which has recently been updated to cover the new Red Hat exam: https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/openstack-certification-2e/9780134836959/
About your instructor
Sander van Vugt started working with Linux in 1992. He wrote his first book about Linux in 1999, and up to date has completed 62 different books on Linux related topics, including the best selling RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide. Sander is the author of over 20 Linux related video courses. He also works as a Linux instructor, teaching on-site and on-line classes for customers around the world.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Segment 1: Understanding OpenStack Use and Origins (30 minutes)
- Students will learn why OpenStack is an important part of modern-day IT
infrastructures and how to use it.
Segment 2: Understanding OpenStack Architecture (30 minutes)
- Students will learn about the different components that are seen in OpenStack
Break: 10 minutes
Segment 3: OpenStack Installation and Configuration (40 minutes)
- Students will learn how to set up an OpenStack installation and work with its
Segment 4: Deploying Instances in the OpenStack Cloud (40 minutes)
- Students will learn how to deploy instances in OpenStack cloud, using the Horizon web
interface, or the command line interface
Break: 10 minutes
Segment 5: Working with Storage in OpenStack Cloud (40 minutes)
- Students will learn which options exist for working with storage in
OpenStack cloud and how to use them.