First steps with Angular
Need-to-know essentials for adopting Angular for enterprise web projects
Evaluating frontend webtools is challenging due to the proliferation of frameworks in recent years and churn rate. This workshop introduces you to developing web apps with Angular and TypeScript by working on a sample app from scratch.
In this three-hour session, the instructor will follow his own written instructions and build a landing page of a sample online store. You can either watch or follow along by using the same instructions and supporting files.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- The tools required to jumpstart a new Angular project
- The benefits of developing in TypeScript
- How dependency injection is implemented in Angular
- The role of the Angular router in single-page applications (SPAs)
- How Angular applications are bundled and deployed
And you’ll be able to:
- Arrange client-side navigation in SPAs
- Make decisions for your team’s frontend framework adoption based on Angular’s architecture and features
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a technical project manager or a frontend developer evaluating Angular as a framework for developing enterprise web applications.
"Angular Architecture Overview" (article)
About your instructor
Yakov Fain is the coauthor of two editions of Angular Development with TypeScript as well as a number of other technical books on programming. Yakov is a software architect at IT consultancy Farata Systems, where he develops software products for various clients. A Java Champion, he has taught multiple classes and workshops on web and Java-related technologies, presented at international conferences, and published more than a thousand blog posts.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
- A brief overview of the Angular architecture
- Generating a new Angular project myStore
- Adding the Bootstrap framework to the project
- Adding components and services to display products
- Adding routing to display product details
- Bundling the myStore app for deployment