Developing web apps with Angular and TypeScript
A hands-on workshop on Angular
In this three-day in-depth training, expert web developer Yakov Fain demonstrates best practices for building end-to-end applications with the latest version of the Angular framework. You’ll learn to make the most of this “superheroic” framework and its component-based architecture. Along the way, you’ll also get familiarized with a TypeScript development environment to make the most of the new features of the framework.
This course is not just a lecture; it will include plenty of demos and hands-on activities to get you and your future-ready team fully immersed in everything that the latest version of Angular has to offer.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- How to jumpstart a new project with the Angular CLI
- How to arrange the client-side navigation in single-page applications
- How to communicate with servers using HTTP
And you’ll be able to:
- Write code in TypeScript with the Angular framework and deploy it in any modern web browser
- Apply principles of reactive programming
- Automate the building and deployment processes
This training course is for you because...
- You're an existing Angular 1.x developer looking to level up your skills with Angular and TypeScript.
- You're a busy frontend or backend web developer trying to keep your web development skills up to date.
- A computer with the Chrome browser and WebStorm or Visual Studio Code IDE installed
- No knowledge of AngularJS 1.x required
RxJS Essentials (video)
Download and install the current version of Node.js from https://nodejs.org
If you have Angular CLI older than 7.0.0, uninstall it by running the following command: npm uninstall @angular/cli -g
Install the latest Angular CLI: npm install @angular/cli -g
Check that the Angular CLI 7 is installed by running the following command: ng version
About your instructor
Yakov Fain is the coauthor of two editions of Angular Development with TypeScript as well as a number of other technical books on programming. Yakov is a software architect at IT consultancy Farata Systems, where he develops software products for various clients. A Java Champion, he has taught multiple classes and workshops on web and Java-related technologies, presented at international conferences, and published more than a thousand blog posts.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
First steps with Angular
- Lecture and hands-on exercises: An overview of Angular architecture; generating a new project, components, and services using the Angular CLI; a brief introduction to TypeScript; templates and bindings
- Client-side navigation with the router
- Lecture and hands-on exercises: Configuring routes; passing parameters during navigation; child routes
Dependency injection in Angular
- Lecture and hands-on exercises: Benefits of dependency injection; how Angular providers and injectors work
- Reactive programming
- Lecture and hands-on exercises: Getting familiar with the RxJS library; observables, observers, and operators; using RxJS in Angular apps
- Intercomponent communications and the component lifecycle
- Lecture and hands-on exercises: Using input and output properties; implementing the mediator design pattern; the component lifecycle; how change detection works
- Communicating with a server via HTTP
- Lecture and hands-on exercises: Making HTTP requests with HttpClient; automating bundling and deployment