Cyber Security Fundamentals
Cybersecurity is growing field. The number of cyber-attacks continue to rise. Demand for safe and secure data, and other concerns mean that companies need professionals to keep their information safe. In this training, you will learn how to get started in cyber security.
In this course you will learn introductory cyber security concepts, as well as the different focus areas in cyber security. You will explore different concepts of incident response, digital forensics, security operations, and security management. This course will also go over cyber security in the Internet of Things (IoT), secure development management, and how cyber security is affecting software development (including DevOps and cloud computing).
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
- Cyber security fundamentals.
- Cyber security focus areas.
- How cyber security is transforming your industry, company, and career.
- Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits and Their Associated Risk
- Attack Methods
- Introduction to Incident Response
- Concepts of Digital Forensics
- Network and Host Telemetry
- Access Control Models
- Introduction to Security Management and Governance
- Introduction to Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- An Overview of Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Cyber Security Operations and Challenge
- Introduction to Cloud Security
- Introduction to IoT Security
This training course is for you because...
- You are contemplating starting a career in cyber security.
- You would like to better understand cyber security concepts.
- Basic understanding of computing concepts (hardware, software, networking, storage, and cloud computing)
If you do not have a basic understanding of security terminology, please view the following videos before attending the training.
Security Principles (from CCNA Cyber Ops SECFND 210-250 Complete Video Course)
Fundamentals of Cryptography and PKI (from CCNA Cyber Ops SECFND 210-250 Complete Video Course)
Threat Analysis (from CCNA Cyber Ops SECOPS 210-255 Complete Video Course)
Introduction to NetFlow and IPFIX (from Cisco NetFlow for Cyber Security Big Data Analytics LiveLessons)
Overview of Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing (from Security Penetration Testing The Art of Hacking Series LiveLessons)
About your instructor
Omar Santos, CISSP No. 463598, is a Principal Engineer in the Cisco Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) within Cisco's Security Research and Operations. He mentors and leads engineers and incident managers during the investigation and resolution of security vulnerabilities in all Cisco products, including cloud services. Omar has been working with information technology and cybersecurity since the mid-1990s. Omar has designed, implemented, and supported numerous secure networks for Fortune 100 and 500 companies and the U.S. government. Prior to his current role, he was a Technical Leader within the World Wide Security Practice and the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC), where he taught, led, and mentored many engineers within both organizations.
Omar is an active member of the security community, where he leads several industry-wide initiatives and standard bodies. His active role helps businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants that are dedicated to increasing the security of the critical infrastructure.
Omar is the author of several books and numerous whitepapers, articles, and security configuration guidelines and best practices. He has also delivered numerous technical presentations at many conferences and to Cisco customers and partners, in addition to many C-level executive presentations to many organizations.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
- Cyber Security Concepts (15 mins)
- Understanding Defense-in-Depth (20 mins)
- Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits and Their Associated Risk (25 mins)
Break (10 mins)
- Attack Methods (30 mins)
- Introduction to Public Key Cryptography (30 mins)
Break (10 mins)
- Understanding Incident Response (30 mins)
- Exploring Digital Forensics (30 mins)
- Network and Host Telemetry (20 mins)
- Security Monitoring (20 mins)
- Access Control Models (20 mins)
Break (10 mins)
- Introduction to Security Management and Governance (20 mins)
- Introduction to Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) (20 mins)
- An Overview of Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (20 mins)
Break (10 mins)
- Cyber Security Operations and Challenges (20 mins)
- Introduction to Cloud Security (20 mins)
- Introduction to IoT Security (20 mins)