Master scheduling is the heartbeat of every manufacturing and distribution process. In fact, there is no more important process within manufacturing. This up-to-date “how-to” guide explains how master scheduling integrates with Lean and Six Sigma to create the perfect environment for robust control and continuous improvement. World Class Master Scheduling will help organizations establish rules of engagement and set the stage for maximum effectiveness of both Lean strategies and Six Sigma in the scheduling process. The author describes the need for cooperation with the demand side of the organization and how to achieve high-performance results. This desk reference is a must for operations managers, production supervisors, planners and schedulers, and Lean, Six Sigma and ERP practitioners and consultants.
- Facilitates complete detailed understanding of world class master scheduling in an easy to read, “how-to” format
- Describes how master scheduling integrates with Lean and Six Sigma to create the perfect environment for robust control and continuous improvement
- Illustrates how state-of-the-art master scheduling can save a company thousands of dollars and increase customer service and productivity
- Offers global insight on high-performance master scheduling and the results on the bottom line
- Explains numerous inventory strategies (MTS, ATO, MTO, ETO, etc.) with rules for proper management of these process designs
- WAV offers free downloadable master scheduling training slides and a checklist for accessing your scheduling process performance — available from the Web Added Value™ Download Resource Center at www.jrosspub.com