Security Smarts for the Self-Guided IT Professional
Protect wireless networks against all real-world hacks by learning how hackers operate. Wireless Network Security: A Beginner's Guide discusses the many attack vectors that target wireless networks and clients--and explains how to identify and prevent them. Actual cases of attacks against WEP, WPA, and wireless clients and their defenses are included.
This practical resource reveals how intruders exploit vulnerabilities and gain access to wireless networks. You'll learn how to securely deploy WPA2 wireless networks, including WPA2-Enterprise using digital certificates forauthentication. The book provides techniques for dealing with wireless guest access and rogue access points. Next-generation wireless networking technologies, such as lightweight access points and cloud-based wirelesssolutions, are also discussed. Templates, checklists, and examples give you the hands-on help you need to get started right away.
Wireless Network Security: A Beginner's Guide features:
• Lingo--Common security terms defined so that you’rein the know on the job
• IMHO--Frank and relevant opinions based on theauthor's years of industry experience
• In Actual Practice--Exceptions to the rules of security explained in real-world contexts
• Your Plan--Customizable checklists you can use onthe job now
• Into Action--Tips on how, why, and when to applynew skills and techniques at work