Pleasing Wall Street used to be easy for executives. Not anymore. The stock market is an uncertain place, and every day executives have to figure out what investors really want. There are right ways and wrong ways to do this. Get it wrong, and you risk alienating investors as well as employees, consumers, and suppliers—which can erode your earnings and stock price.
In Winning Investors Over, Baruch Lev draws on his own and other finance scholars’ research to present authoritative, often surprising instructions for dealing intelligently with Wall Street—and boosting your company’s earnings and stock price. Through rigorous data analysis and real-life cases, Lev shows how to:
• Understand and address investors’ concerns to secure ongoing funding and support from the capital markets
• Deliver disappointing news effectively to investors
• Build, rebuild, and maintain credibility on Wall Street
• Buy time for your company’s recovery from activist shareholders and hedge fund raiders
• Structure your compensation to win shareholders’ support
Winning Investors Over demonstrates that despite the uncertainty that characterizes Wall Street today, you can still craft a mutually beneficial, long-term partnership with investors.