Tips for Developing the Budget
To develop the budget component of a proposal for a program, follow these steps:
1. Establish the budget period, the length of time the budget covers.
2. Estimate expenses, obtaining cost estimates as necessary.
3. Decide whether and how to include overhead costs.
4. Estimate the donated goods and services that will be used.
5. Estimate the anticipated revenues for the project.
6. Check that the budget as a whole makes sense and conveys the right message to the funder, which is this: the budget is appropriate and in line with the objectives and methods of the program to be funded.
Establish the Budget Period
Are you proposing an eighteen-month program or a six-month project? You need to state clearly in your ...