How can you recruit the Best?
If each of us hires people smaller than we are, we shall become a company of dwarfs.
You’re only as good as the people you hire.
The real secret to getting your recruitment right is to take time to think it through and to understand what the behavioural DNA of the Best people in your organization is. The questions to ask are things like:
- What are the values we’re looking for?
- What are the sorts of behaviours that people with these values exhibit?
- What types of reward will these types of people want?
- What are the motivations that drive our Best people and are they what drive the people we’re considering hiring?
- What specific behaviours will we require from people in order to ...