AdminTask scripting objects are all useful in configuring Web services in WebSphere. In this chapter, we consider the following topics:
What are Web services?
• The Java standards, JAX-RPC (JSR-101) and JAX-WS (JSR-224), used to author Java-based Web services.
• The Web service for Java EE (JSR-109) specification, which dictates how Java-based Web services run in environments such as WebSphere.
The WSEE (JSR-109) Deployment models supported by WebSphere:
• SOAP/HTTP using a “Plain Old Java Object” (POJO)
• SOAP/HTTP using a Stateless Session EJB
• SOAP/JMS using a Stateless Session EJB
WebSphere scripting support for Web services:
• The introduction of Web service policies, ...