O'Reilly logo

We Are Market Basket by Grant Welker, Daniel Korschun

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

4

“People First, Groceries Second”

Demoulas Super Markets Inc., is a privately owned corporation. Historically, the majority of shares in the company were owned by Telemachus and George Demoulas. As the company grew over the past few decades, and as a result of court decisions, the allocation of those shares has changed. At the time of the protest, Arthur T. and his sisters controlled 49.5 percent of the company. The remaining 50.5 percent were owned or controlled by Arthur S. and his side of the family (who were descendants of George Demoulas).

It’s sometimes hard to imagine that corporations such as Demoulas Super Markets have only been around for a brief time in human history. They are an invention, and a brilliant one at that. Some scholars ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required