Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
—Arthur Conan Doyle
In this chapter you’ll:
• Learn about the relational database model.
• Use an ADO.NET Entity Data Model to create classes for interacting with a database via LINQ to Entities.
• Use LINQ to retrieve and manipulate data from a database.
• Add data sources to projects.
• Use the IDE’s drag-and-drop capabilities to display database tables in apps.
• Use data binding to move data seamlessly between GUI controls and databases.
• Create Master/Detail views that enable you to select a record and display its details. ...