• What value claiming is
• How value claiming is different from bargaining
• What some famous bargaining concepts and risks are
• What the role of meaning and focal points is
• How I can use legitimacy to claim value, not numbers
• How do we open; with whom, when and where?
Value claiming happens when the parties negotiate how much of the existing or created value they will take. As mentioned in the previous chapter, value claiming happens when an option increases value to one party at the other’s expense. It is also called the “distributive phase”, since it is when the parties distribute the value among themselves.
To claim value well, we need to understand its inherent risks and how to best manage them. ...