• What value, value discovery and the value of value discovery are
• How to manage value tension
• What the issues are, and why they are important
• How to discover interests
• How to prepare for value creation
• How to manage information to learn their interests, share ours safely and move beyond positions
In this chapter, we focus on two simple tasks: understand what value is and how to discover it. On understanding value, we explain value and its discovery, the benefits of value pursuit and how it manages the value tension. On how to discover value, we take into account that value discovery often starts before the negotiators meet. It starts in the preparation stage and continues during the negotiation. ...