Get "Up and Running" with AutoCAD using Gindis’s combination of step-by-step instruction, examples, and insightful explanations. The emphasis from the beginning is on core concepts and practical application of AutoCAD in architecture, engineering and design. Equally useful in instructor-led classroom training, self-study, or as a professional reference, the book is written with the user in mind by a long-time AutoCAD professional and instructor based on what works in the industry and the classroom.
- Strips away complexities, both real and perceived, and reduces AutoCAD to easy-to-understand basic concepts
- Teaches only what is essential to operating AutoCAD first, thereby immediately building student confidence
- All basic commands are documented step-by-step; what the student needs to type in and how AutoCAD responds is spelled out in discrete and clear steps with screen shots added as needed
New to this edition:
- New and improved features include better integration with the AutoCAD certification exams, new Spotlight On sections, an expanded appendix, and more content on programming
- 3D portion of the book has been expanded and improved, with new exercises, new features and a redone section on rendering
- All discussions and screen shots have been updated for the current release of AutoCAD