Animation and Mecanim
By the end of this chapter you should:
1. Understand what Mecanim is and how it relates to animation.
2. Understand how to use Mecanim.
3. Be able to import, configure and use animated meshes in Unity.
4. Use curves to customise animations.
5. Interact with Mecanim through scripting.
This chapter represents a kind of culmination of knowledge from previous chapters. It requires us to combine much of what we’ve learned so far and then extend it by creating a complete project with animation and user interaction. Here we’ll use the skills of asset importing, scene building, scripting and more. In addition, ...