Navigation and Pathfinding
By the end of this chapter you should:
1. Understand what Pathfinding is.
2. Understand what NavMesh and NavMesh Agents are.
3. Be able to bake NavMesh objects from scene geometry.
4. Understand NavMesh bake settings.
5. Be able to configure NavMesh Agents.
Most popular video games today feature vast expansive worlds where players engage enemies in combat. These enemies, when attacking or being attacked, don’t just stand on the spot and ‘do nothing’. They’re intelligent, or appear to be intelligent, depending on your definition of intelligence. The enemies seek out players in the environment, as well ...