GUIs and Scripting
By the end of this chapter you should:
1. Understand what a GUI is and the GUI workflow for Unity.
2. Understand the challenges of aspect ratio and resolution.
3. Be able to prepare and import Alpha texture for GUIs.
4. Be able to create and render GUIs for your games.
5. Understand GUI content and GUI styles.
The acronym GUI (often pronounced gooey) stands for Graphical User Interface. In practical terms the GUI of a game refers collectively to all the 2D and on-screen graphical elements that either give the gamer information – about, for instance, their health status – or allow access to specific game features ...