Lighting and Lightmapping
By the end of this chapter you should:
1. Understand how to work with lights in Unity scenes.
2. Understand what a lightmap is and how lightmapping works.
3. Be able to use the Beast Lightmapper.
4. Know how to build scenes using the Modular Building Method.
5. Understand the limitations of lightmapping.
Let’s now take a summary tour of Unity’s lighting features – at least, most of its key features. If there’s one simple rule that applies to lighting in games, it is this: keep things as simple as possible. If your level looks correct under different lighting setups, then choose the one that involves ...