Scenes, Assets and Game Objects
By the end of this chapter you should:
1. Understand the difference between assets and game objects
2. Appreciate the anatomy of game objects
3. Understand scenes as coordinate spaces
4. Be able to configure assets for a scene
5. Understand scene hierarchies and transformations
This chapter is mainly about how to make levels. In Unity, a level is called a ‘scene’, and one scene equals one level. The process of building a scene, as discussed here, corresponds to steps 3 and 4 of the six-stage Unity development workflow listed in Chapter 1. This chapter demonstrates scene construction and its associated ...