Getting Started with Unity
By the end of this chapter you should:
1. Understand what Unity is and is intended to achieve
2. Understand the range of features and tools Unity offers
3. Have a firm grasp of the interface basics
4. Be able to install and configure Unity
5. Be able to create a project and a basic scene
The chances are high that you already have some idea about what Unity is and what it can do, even if that idea is not comprehensive or easily expressed in words. The phrases ‘game engine’ or ‘game-making software’ often spring to mind when thinking of Unity in a general sense. However, it’s important for us as developers ...