Asking and Answering Questions
For every Tumblr site you create, you have the option of allowing visitors to ask you questions. For instance, some- one might want to know more about you or your skills and services, or have a question about something you posted. Once their question arrives in your mailbox, you have the option of answering it as a post on your blog or answering it as a message in private.
Enabling the Ask feature
To add the Ask feature on your Tumblr blog, follow these steps:
1. Click the name of your Tumblr blog on the Dashboard.
2. Click the Blog Settings button on the Dashboard sidebar.
3. On the Blog Settings page, put a check mark in the Ask field where it says Let People Ask Questions.
Enabling this feature adds an Ask link to your blog’s navigation menu that, when clicked, sends visitors to
4. If desired, edit the Ask page title in the text field provided.
The default title is
Ask me anything.
5. To allow visitors to submit anonymous questions without having to provide their names and e-mail addresses, put a check mark in the Allow Anonymous Questions box.
You also need to click the OK button in the warning box that appears. Giving your visitors anonymity is risky and can bring out the worst in people. In other words, although anonymity might seem like a cool idea, don’t think twice about disabling this feature in the future if you need to.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
Upon saving, ...