On completion of this chapter a student should be able to:
• Solve steady-state conduction problems for each of the three common geometries (Plane, Cylinder and Sphere)
• Solve problems in which heat is transferred by conduction and convection in different materials/fluids in series or in parallel.
• Derive equations for conduction in multilayer cylinders to solve heat transfer problems
• Derive and solve conduction problems with a uniformly distributed heat source.
• Use graphical and numerical methods to solve two dimensional steady-state conduction problems
In this section Fourier’s ...