Leading and Managing Change in Public Health Organizations
- Identify characteristics of complexity and servant leadership
- Describe the public health system's need for change
- Articulate the need for public health leaders to achieve the Millennium Development Goals
- List the elements of the Model for Improvement
- Discuss system models of health
Public Health and the Urgent Need for Change
Public health is “the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life, and promoting health” through organized efforts of society (Charles-Edward A. Winslow, quoted in Turnock, 2009, p. 10). The mission of public health organizations is to fulfill society's interest in ensuring conditions in which people can be healthy (Institute ...