Business Process Re-engineering
“Do not merely automate, obliterate”.
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Understand business process re-engineering (BPR) and its developments
- Identify the principles and advantages of BPR
- Study the methodology of BPR and phases of implementation
- Explain re-engineering in the manufacturing and service industry
- Understand re-engineering structure
- Study the limitations and issues surrounding BPR
- Understand the relationship between BPR and TQM
The customer, competition and change have created a new world for business today. It is becoming increasingly apparent that re-engineering designed to operate in one environment cannot work well in another. Business process ...