Advanced Processors—80286 to Pentium
IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The impact that 80286 made to the realm of PCs.
- The major changes that the 80386 architecture offered.
- The programming enhancements of 80386.
- The features of PVAM and the concept of virtual memory.
- The mechanism of address translation in the protected mode.
- The importance and implementation of protection mechanisms in the 80386.
- The issues and methods of task switching.
- The use of the interrupt descriptor table and exceptions of 80386.
- The features of 80486 which are an enhanced set of the ’386 features.
- The idea of burst mode data transfers for both 80486 and Pentium.
- Why data alignment is important for multibyte processors.
- The features of Pentium.
- The cache structure ...