IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The architecture and programming features of the timer chip 8253/8254.
- The method of generating waveforms of different frequencies using this chip.
- The use of the different modes of operation of the timer chip.
- The use of a dedicated chip 8279 for keyboard and display interfacing.
- The connections between the 8279 and the display circuits.
- How to use this chip in a circuit with a keyboard and a display.
- How interrupts are managed by the programmable interrupt controller chip 8259.
- The use of initialization and operational control words of 8259.
- The method of changing the priority settings using this chip.
- The use of 8259 in PCs.
In Chapter 9, we used the parallel ...