IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The necessity of using dedicated hardware for peripheral interfacing.
- The architecture and programming features of the chip 8255.
- The method of interfacing an ADC to the 8086.
- The methods of generating different waveforms using a DAC.
- The way in which an LCD can be used to display ASCII characters.
- The principle of the stepper motor and how it is controlled by the CPU.
- Hex keyboard interfacing to the 8086.
- The interfacing of dynamic multiplexed LEDs with the 8086.
- That in all the above cases the 8255 is used as the parallel interface controller.
In Chapter 6, we made a study of the hardware features of 8086. In Chapter 7, the methods by which memory and ports are ...