The Interrupt Structure of 8086
IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The concept of an interrupt.
- The interrupt response of the 8086.
- The way the interrupt vector table is organized for 8086.
- The idea of software interrupts.
- The operation of hardware interrupts of 8086.
- The significance of DOS and BIOS interrupts.
- How to access the video display by the use of BIOS interrupts.
- How to access the video display by direct writing/reading to the video RAM.
- How the PC’s keyboard and its controller are organized.
- How to use BIOS interrupts for keyboard access.
- The method of ‘hooking’ interrupts.
- How to write TSR programs.
The word ‘interrupt’ brings to our mind many situations. It could be that we are at home doing something ...