The Hardware Structure of 8086
IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The differences between 8086 and 8088.
- The pin functions of 8086 in the minimum and maximum modes.
- The use of address latches and data buffers in an 8086 based system.
- The concept of machine cycles and the associated bus timings of 8086.
- The reason for using the bus controller IC in a maximum mode system.
- How an 8086 is used in the maximum mode.
- To calculate instruction timing and thus create delay loops.
We have so far dealt exclusively with the programming aspects of 8086. It is now time to take a look into the hardware aspects of the processor.
6.1 | Pin Configuration
We will try to understand the processor in terms of its hardware, which includes the pin configuration, ...