IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- Good programming practices.
- How to use a few important DOS functions in programs.
- A part of the instruction set of 8086.
- To use data transfer instructions in different modes of addressing.
- The concept and importance of branch instructions.
- To use unconditional and conditional branch instructions.
- To use the arithmetic instructions catering to unsigned numbers.
- To use the multiply and divide instructions for interesting applications.
- The use of the logical, shift and rotate instructions of the 8086.
3.1 | Approaches to Programming
We are now in a position to feel that we have understood to a small extent the tools needed for programming (in this case assembly programming). However, ...