Basics of Computer Systems
IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The brief history of Intel’s microprocessors and their use in personal computers.
- The general principles of computer architecture.
- The operation of the data, address and control buses of a computer.
- The distinction between RISC and CISC computing.
- The comparison between assembly and high level language programming.
- The binary, hexadecimal and BCD number systems.
- Number format conversions.
- Computer arithmetic using different number systems.
- The processing of negative numbers as done by a computer.
- The programming model and programming of the 8085 microprocessor.
- The pin out and hardware features of 8085.
0.1 | A Brief History of Microprocessors
What is a microprocessor? We usually ...