ESSENTIAL LESSONS FROM THE ARTIST-ENTREPRENEURS
In this chapter, we present profiles of five artist-entrepreneurs.
- 1.Claire Chase, artistic director and CEO, the International Contemporary Ensemble
- 2.Daniel Talbott, artistic director and founder, Rising Phoenix Repertory
- 3.Christopher Dylan Herbert, baritone, New York Polyphony
- 4.Loni Landon and Gregory Dolbashian, cofounders, The Playground
- 5.Alex Lipowski, cofounder and executive director, the Talea Ensemble
These are early-to mid-career, classically trained performing artists who have found ways to make a profession out of their art form while operating outside of existing institutions ...