O'Reilly logo

The Web Application Hacker's Handbook: Finding and Exploiting Security Flaws, 2nd Edition by Marcus Pinto, Dafydd Stuttard

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

What's New in This Edition

In the four years since the first edition of this book was published, much has changed, and much has stayed the same. The march of new technology has, of course, continued apace, and this has given rise to specific new vulnerabilities and attacks. The ingenuity of hackers has also led to the development of new attack techniques and new ways of exploiting old bugs. But neither of these factors, technological or human, has created a revolution. The technologies used in today's applications have their roots in those that are many years old. And the fundamental concepts involved in today's cutting-edge exploitation techniques are older than many of the researchers who are applying them so effectively. Web application security is a dynamic and exciting area to work in, but the bulk of what constitutes our accumulated wisdom has evolved slowly over many years. It would have been distinctively recognizable to practitioners working a decade or more ago.

This second edition is not a complete rewrite of the first. Most of the material in the first edition remains valid and current today. Approximately 30% of the content in this edition is either new or extensively revised. The remaining 70% has had minor modifications or none at all. If you have upgraded from the first edition and feel disappointed by these numbers, you should take heart. If you have mastered all the techniques described in the first edition, you already have the majority of the skills and knowledge ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required