After reading this chapter, you will:
1. Understand the basic characteristics of agile SE methods
2. Recognize the drawbacks of agile SE methods from the UX perspective
3. Know what is needed to integrate UX into an agile environment
4. Understand a synthesized approach to integrating UX into an agile environment
5. Appreciate the need for a dove-tailed staggering of process steps for UX to fit into the overall development process
Just as our use of the term UX is convenient shorthand for the entire broad concept of designing for user experience, we use the term “SE” to refer to the entire broad concept that embraces the terms software engineering, software, software ...