After reading this chapter, you will:
1. Know the preliminaries and protocol issues in dealing with rigorous UX evaluation participants
2. Be prepared to generate and collect objective and subjective quantitative UX evaluation data
3. Know how to generate and collect qualitative UX data by critical incident identification, think-aloud techniques, and post-session interviews and probing
4. Be able to use special techniques for gathering emotional impact and phenomenological data
5. Know the mechanics of wrapping up a session
We begin each process chapter with a “you are here” picture of the chapter topic in the context of the overall ...