Be prepared; that’s the Boy Scouts’ marching song…. Don’t be nervous, don’t be flustered, don’t be scared…. Be prepared!
– Tom Lehrer
After reading this chapter, you will:
1. Know how to plan for rigorous empirical UX evaluation in the lab and in the field
2. Be able to select people for team roles
3. Know how to select effective tasks for empirical UX evaluation
4. Be prepared to select an evaluation method and various data collection techniques, including critical incident identification, think-aloud techniques, co-discovery, and questionnaires
5. Have the working knowledge to select, recruit, and prepare for participants
6. Know how to perform pilot testing before evaluation ...