After reading this chapter, you will:
1. Understand design walkthroughs, demonstrations, and reviews as early rapid evaluation methods
2. Understand and apply inspection techniques for user experience, such as heuristic evaluation
3. Understand and apply rapid lab-based UX evaluation methods, such as RITE and quasi-empirical evaluation
4. Know how to use questionnaires as a rapid UX evaluation method
5. Appreciate the trade-offs involved with “discount” formative UX evaluation methods
We begin each process chapter with a “you are here” picture of the chapter topic in the context of the overall Wheel lifecycle template; see Figure 13-1. This chapter, about ...