After reading this chapter, you will:
1. Understand the nature of the gap between analysis and design
2. Understand the concept of requirements for interaction design
3. Know how to use needs and requirements as the first span to bridge this gap
4. Be able to deduce and extract requirements systematically from contextual data
5. Understand the background of interaction requirements in the context of software engineering requirements
We begin each process chapter in the book with a “you are here” picture of the chapter topic in the context of the overall Wheel lifecycle template; see Figure 5-1. This chapter and the next are about a bridge—the ...