Dealing with your own mistakes and poor decisions
Managers have a wide arc of people they influence and who influence them. Therefore, when mistakes happen they often involve several people and affect many people. No one is perfect. So how do you deal with the fallout of a poor decision or a mistake you have made?
- Exactly how big is the error you have made? Is it business critical? How many people does it affect? Is it recoverable?
- Are the ramifications of the poor decision in the public domain?
- How many people were involved in contributing to the decision?
- Why was the poor decision made? Was the process flawed or was it simply the wrong decision?
- What can you learn from the process to help you in the future? Have you made ...