No credit card required
Hiring the Right Attorneys at the “Right” Price
Key considerations for directors:
• Small-cap companies can’t afford to hire the wrong attorneys or pay too much for legal services.
• The legal services marketplace has become a buyer’s market.
• Choosing the “right” attorneys for corporate finance transactions is critically important.
• Most SEC reporting work should be purchased on a flat-fee basis, if possible.
• Litigation is a minefield for small-cap companies, especially those without in-house legal expertise.
Common mistakes to avoid:
• Flat fees might be cheaper than hourly billing but they also might not be.
• Using company counsel for corporate finance work even when they’re not the most qualified. ...